Join the Credit Union Revolution
Even as unscrupulous practices by some traditional banks have come to light in the past year, many banks continue to levy high fees on customers, and some business practices are still coming into question. If you’re still wavering about making the Credit Union your “bank of choice,” we promise to make the transition as smooth as possible. It’s time to divest from those financial institutions and deposit your money into YOUR credit union, a financial institution whose values match your own – doing what’s best for you and Ironworkers.
If you have other checking, savings or retirement accounts or investments with a traditional bank, based upon the high fees and low rates of return, you probably know that they don’t have your best interest in mind. A bank’s priority is to put money in the pockets of their investors – not their customers. Unlike banks, credit unions are not in business to make a profit. We return our profits back to you, our members.
No matter how much you have in the bank or what type of accounts you have, you can easily transfer it into a credit union Share account, Club account, IRA account, or Share Certificates/CDs. Whether it’s $100, $1,000 or $100,000, we can invest it for you, and your money will earn 10 times more interest than it would in a traditional bank. Switching to a Credit Union checking account is a smart and easy first step.
Our members get truly FREE checking accounts!
- No minimum balance
- No monthly fees to use your debit card
- No service fees to use ATMs
- Free Online Banking and Remote Deposit
- Free e-Statements
With every Ironworkers USA FCU checking account you’ll receive a Visa Debit Card, the convenience of Direct Deposit for your pay-check, Social Security or other recurring checks, overdraft protection, online banking, and access to more than 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs. Plus all deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
We know your money is important to you, just like our members are important to us. It’s time to do the right thing and invest your money with a financial institution whose values align with yours.
We’ll make the process of switching your accounts as simple as possible for you! Stop by a branch or call a representative at 1-877-769-4766 to open your checking account. Stop paying fees and start saving today!
First Time Homebuyer Help
Tips for navigating your first home purchase
Buying a home is a huge financial decision. Whether you’re a first-time buyer or a seasoned pro, Ironworkers USA FCU can help you navigate the ins and outs of the mortgage process.
If you’re just starting to think about buying a home or are already looking, these five tips will help you along your home buying journey.
- Get your down payment ready. It’s not required on all types of mortgage loans but having a 20% down payment is an excellent idea so you can start building equity on your home right away. Having a 20% down payment will also save you money as PMI (private mortgage insurance) will not be required.
- Boost your credit-worthiness. Getting approved for a mortgage largely depends upon your credit score. Before you apply for a loan, try to reduce any large balances you have on credit cards and loans, pay more than the minimum every month on your credit cards, and pay your bills on time. Your credit score will improve, and this demonstrates your ability to handle credit responsibly. If you need help with improving your score, give us a call and we’ll work with you to develop a plan to boost your score before you apply for a mortgage.
- Get to know the types of mortgage loans available. There are many types of loans available – each having advantages and disadvantages. Fixed rate and adjustable rate mortgages are only two of the many different loans available for home buying. Know your options so you can choose the best one for your needs.
- Remember other associated costs. When buying a home, a mortgage isn’t the only cost you should consider. Homeowners have to pay insurance, property taxes, HOA (homeowners association) fees, and more. Be sure you have all extra costs built into your budget.
- Get professional guidance. If you have questions about how a mortgage can fit into your monthly budget, what different loan options are available to you or what the home buying process looks like, we can help! Ironworkers USA FCU representatives and our mortgage partners at Consolidated Federal Credit Union are here to help you navigate the process. When you’re ready to start, give our mortgage specialist Kathrine White a call at 877-769-4766. She can provide a free loan review or get you a free loan pre-approval before starting your search.
CO-OP ATMs Have You Covered
Access your money from coast to coast
CO-OP’s nearly 30,000 ATMs and 5,000+ shared branches means you have more direct, surcharge-free access to your money than most traditional bank customers do.
Finding an ATM or shared branch is easy!
- Download the “COOP ATM Shared Branch Locator” app on your phone (Available for both iPhone and Android devices)
- Visit co-opcreditunions.org/locator/
- Call 888-SITE-CO-OP
- Text a Zip Code to 91989 to find nearby ATM and Shared Branch Locations
- Inside the Ironworkers USA FCU Mobile App visit the Branch/ATM Locator